Thursday, 13 March 2014

Around Little & Great Massingham

It is very foggy here this morning but for our walk this week, it was sunny, warm with only a slight chill when walking in the shade.

This walk began sitting on a bench (DB and E;, putting shoes on), outside the church in Little Massingham:
We then traversed little country roads and lots of fields taking in views as we went - part of the pond and village green in Great Massingham:
The radio and television masts outside the village:
How is this for a set of locks to keep you out of the above:
Came across this piece of art work down one of the lanes:
Coming back into Little Massingham, we saw lots of these Toad warning signs:
Quite a few of them were active in the ponds:
A nice thank you sign:
and a pair of rather delapidated barn doors:
The walk took us about 1 1/2 hours and was round about 4.7 miles long. After sitting down on the church bench to change our shoes, we drove to The Rose and Crown at Harpley for a light sandwich lunch.

8 comments:

  1. What lovely blue skies. I like the piece of artwork - isn't 'Pightle' a gorgeous word. I believe this term for a small enclosure of land is Norfolk Dialect, I haven't come across it outside the county.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I hadn't heard of the word until we moved to Norfolk.

      Delete
  2. This lovely weather does make you want to get out walking doesn't it. We had a lovely walk round the city walls of York today and a gentle stroll by the river. Its wonderful to breathe in the spring air.

    Its dropped cold again tonight so I'm expecting another frost in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We felt the change in the air as well as evening approached but in the end, we didn't light the fire and it got down to around 4C.

      Delete
  3. The colour of the sky is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is just like a summer day isn't it. It was beautiful!

      Delete
  4. I love your new (well, new to me blog). I miss my homeland, and it is lovely to see your adventures and pictures. I would love to come back home.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.