Saturday, 28 June 2014

Never let it be said....

That DB is not worried about showing his love for me in public!

No, this isn't the usual kissing, cuddling, hand holding etc, this was a lovely and kind gesture, not many would offer I think.

We were out on our weekly walk, on a circular route, that takes in Denver Windmill. Before walking, I have to strap the outer two toes on on each foot, as the soft pads underneath, tend to turn on their sides and get walked on, very painful!

We were 3/4 of the way around when the pain in my right foot began to increase and I realised I hadn't made a very good job of strapping the little toe. Luckily, I had thought to take extra plasters as I had a blister on my left heel. When you get such intense squashing pain in your foot, it is very easy to try walking differently, which only has the effect of 'putting out' the hip or back, as I have found out in the past.

No, this needed attending to immediately. Finding a small entrance to a field, we all stopped and I was trying to fathom out how to keep from falling over, trying to get shoe and sock off, re-bandage, re-dress etc, without falling over. Quick as a flash (well as quickly as he can managed nowadays), DB did this, and E. when she had finished laughing took a photograph!
How sweet:) The extra plaster helped a little and within 1/2 an hour, we were back at the windmill, changing shoes which helped even more.

This morning, knowing we were expecting more rain, I brought in a few flowers for the front room. The glass jar was found under the hedge out the back. I suspect the grand-children push them through as there was three of them sitting in a row. I saved this one as it is short and has a nice pattern on it:

4 comments:

  1. What a generous gesture by your beloved
    The flowers look lovely
    I hope the flash floods which hit norfolk yesterday didn't bother you
    weekend blessings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it! Our garden is very soggy. More rain this morning but sun now coming out.

      Delete
  2. Now that is true love. A little posy from the garden is so much prettier than bought flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I like little posies.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.