Thursday, 25 December 2014

Christmas Day Swim

Hunstanton, like many other places, celebrates Christmas with a swim. Whilst many people taking part hope to just go for a paddle, they hold a banner up and you are not allowed out until you have swum underneath it!

Herewith a few before and after pictures p Father Christmas in his little car:
 The tide was only out about 10' when we arrived (an hour early) but was quite choppy
DB wanting to take photographs only to find the battery was flat!
 A couple of chaps were hovering overhead in these
I think only 50 registered swimmers are allowed - I had to hold the camera above my head to try and get these photographs!

On the way back in:
This reindeer lucked like he had ducked beneath the banner, can't say I blame him, it was 5C on land with a stiff wind!
Some lady soldiers amongst Tetris blocks:
This is the banner they have to swim/duck under. This chap was taking dogs out to be photographed (don't worry, they didn't go in as all the dogs were a little elderly, but their tales were wagging once back on dry land)
Everyone rushed off to get changed and we walked back along the Prom before walking inland back to the car. We went through a playground, anyone remember these rides? We used to call it The Dragon:
We got back home around 2 hours after leaving - lovely:)

2 comments:

  1. I remember having the swim explained to me when I was about 7 or 8; and having swum in the Wash in summer, thinking I was having my leg pulled. Who in there right mind would go in in December?!

    That horse has been there for at least 30 years now. I found one round here recently, they are good fun.

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you. Rather them than me!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.