Friday, 14 August 2015

Holkham

We parked for free in the car park at Holkham Hall, had coffee and biscuits and set off. Walking down towards the beach we followed the Norfolk Coastal path to the left, walking about 100 metres past a raised walkway that gives you a view point before it takes you to a hide.

In the distance you can see the sea lavender in bloom:
Rosebay willow was just finishing blooming and sending it fluffy seeds into the air:

The tide was very far out, a huge walk for young children but worth it once you get there:
We walked back in the shade:
We did not have an ice cream, £2.50 for a single ice cream with flake (a 99)!

We drove off the The Bowling Green in Wells for another tasty lunch. Unfortunately for me, my stomach area has started to play up again so I couldn't even finish my small baguette.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, I remember many days out at Holkham. My parents have recently moved to Norfolk (Overstrand) from Cambridgeshire, so I'm looking forward to many more holidays in Norfolk again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scarecrows. Hingham is great - that crazy shop selling Russian stuff and Army surplus, and the reclamation yard opposite. Lincoln tea rooms is THE please for a cuppa or a light lunch - I can recommend the White Hart too, for posh nosh in the evenings [my brother had his 50th birthday do there] A wonderful place- less pretentious than Burnham [Up]Market!! Weekend blessings x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.