Saturday 2 March 2024

Not a normal cold it seems

According to the surgery nurse yesterday when hubby had to give blood, fully masked of course.

She said a cold, with many flu symptoms is circulating and it is horrible. Well we can confirm that. Unfortunately for hubby, he is 12 hours behind me so can see what’s coming poor lad.

2 1/2 boxes of tissues later, we are still going, our noses are raw. Still sneezing, noses like taps, headaches, occasional joint pains, occasional sweats, very chesty with lots of coughing. I ended up back in bed yesterday, we are drinking but have hardly any appetite.

Between us, we form half a functioning human:)

8 comments:

  1. The two nearest grandchildren had a few days back at school after half term and both now coughing - it just goes round and round.
    Hope you both feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I only remember our son being ill with transferred bugs after a few days back each term. It seems to be a permanent thing nowadays.

      Delete
  2. I hope you are both feeling better soon, it's the lack of energy which gets me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One step forward two steps back at the moment.

      Delete
  3. So very sorry to read about the nasty bug in your home. I hope the two of you get better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too. I spiked another temperature yesterday so felt even worse.

      Delete
  4. Sounds awful! Hoping you both start to recover ASAP.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.