Thursday 19 October 2023

I saved a life the other day!

 Granted it was 'only' a bee, but a life nonetheless.

Weeding one of the raised vegetable beds, I heard what sounded like screaming, no other way to put it. Our dog Ruby was staring up at the top corner of the patio door. A spider was busy spinning a web around said bee. I almost ignored itshe Ruby looked at it, looked at me, time and time again.

Eventually, I dashed inside the garage and came out with a cane and hauled the bee from the web. I sat down at the table and tried in vain to remove it from its entanglement. It was still screaming but in essence was probably the frantic beating of its rather sticky wings.

Ruby continued to stare at me as though to say 'come on, help it".

I went back into the garage and came out with gardening gloves and a soft clean small paintbrush. After what seemed an age, I managed to untangle it with it legs and wings intact. After a bit of a wobble, it flew off. 

Ruby lay down to snooze!


16 comments:

  1. I'm here! Glad you're OK. Email is in progress around childcare. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it said 'thank you'!
    Hope you keep writing now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again! I've saved many a bee! Can't help myself! Look forward to continuing to catch up on your new blog, but I shall miss your old one as I sometimes referred to recipes etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will there be some way of still accessing your War Diaries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at the moment. I feel the need for a fresh start but there is still time to read them for a while.

      Delete
    2. Ok. I'll go through the wartime recipes and save the ones I like the sound of.

      Delete
    3. Much of what I cooked then are in general wartime cook books still available nowadays. It won’t just disappear I will give a few days notice.

      Delete
  5. I have been reading your blog many years, I have enjoyed it. Hope I can still find this one when the other goes away. Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked making Frugal in Norfolk private and this one was still showing.

      Delete
  6. So glad that you mentioned where you were going to be posting from now on.

    I am glad you were able to rescue the bee, and it sounds as if that rescue made Ruby very happy.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.