Friday 22 March 2024

One wash is all it’s taken….

 I have been using my homemade shampoo for about a year. It has been brilliant at stopping the severe itch due to a scalp skin condition our family suffer from. 

It can leave my hair slightly tacky for 24 hours before changing to silky smooth. My hairdresser comments on the tackiness so without thinking too much about it, I used normal shampoo for her yesterday.

What a mistake!

Within an hour I was scratching and it has gotten worse so today, I will wash my hair again with my own shampoo.


5 comments:

  1. I sometimes get an itchy scalp too, some shampoos exacerbate it more than others, I've found. I did use a natural hair wash product for a while (in a bar shape, can't remember where I ordered it from now), it had no chemicals and was made from completely natural ingredients. It did stop the itching, but didn't lather up and left my hair feeling kind of sticky and I felt it didn't clean my hair enough, so once it was finished I didn't buy another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shampoo I make lathers reasonably well but it needs a cider vinegar conditioner followed by another rinse. Scalp feels great afterwards.

      Delete
  2. Next time, you will have to wash your hair well in advance! I hope the itchiness resolves itself quickly once you get back to your special shampoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the itchiness goes away very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.