Monday 15 April 2024

In the bin!

 Honestly, my brain scares me sometimes:)

I decided to make a cover for the oval dog bed we recently bought. Got a lovely fox fleece from Morrisons. Measured, cut and sewed around the outside, leaving a gap to push the cushion on. So far so good apart from the mess from the cut edges.

I had planned on fitting poppers as a closure but it was too thick. Changed over to press studs and sewed the first half of four on one side. So far so good.

Next day, sewed on one of the other halves and yup, the first 4 were upside down:(

Removed just one and turned it the right way. Hooray, one done. I decided to finish the other 3 today. Got the next two on then went to cut the two wrong facing ones off. Promptly cut off the two I had just attached. Doh!

In the bin it went as I had decided that fleece was just too messy and her fur would stick like crazy. I shall rummage in my materials box and see if I can find some cotton duvet to use.



13 comments:

  1. I would use an old bath towel, when they go thin they make a perfect cover and soak up any water from the ir coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could do although we usually lay a towel on top if she is wet. The cover on it is lovely but I have to wash the whole thing which takes forever to dry.

      Delete
  2. Sorry ... I have to admit to laughing at that, it's exactly the sort of thing that I do. You'll get there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now it’s n the bin, I too can smile.

      Delete
  3. That made me laugh out loud - the bit where you cut off the two that you had just sewn on!!! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too eventually, it was the final straw.

      Delete
  4. Hope you find some fabric in your stash to use. I can honestly say been there done the exact same thing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annoying isn’t it. Bit like putting tea leaves in my kettle!

      Delete
  5. How frustrating! I have days like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don’t know if it’s an age thing or not.

      Delete
  6. I'm in the middle of a sewing project, and carefully unpicked the line of stitching that was faulty...only to discover that it was the CORRECT line, the fault was on the OTHER side of the piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always found fleece horrible to work with as it stretches so much. I'd have binned it too

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.