Saturday 13 January 2024

Can't praise these enough!

I had been reading about people using various makes of preserving vegetable and fruit plastic bags. I thought they can't really work can they, being plastic? Won't they still go slushy?

I have been using these now since just before Christmas:

My veg were already clean and dry (a prerequisite of using them). I placed each type of vegetable and fruit into their own bags. Each time I opened them to use, I double checked for moisture. If any was present, it was dried with kitchen towel paper.

Three weeks my carrots, swede and parsnips have been in them and they are as fresh as the day they were bought! Grapes sweat a little more, but were dried againand are already two weeks in a bag. Eventually my brussels sprouts went a bit iffy so were discarded but that was after nearly 3 weeks.

I opted for medium size as they were the best for me. They are reusuable with a good soap wash, rinse and thorough dry after use. I think they cost just under/over £9 but WELL worth the price.

I haven't tested them on banana's in the fruit bowl yet. Apples, pears have been great too.
 

9 comments:

  1. They sound really worthwhile, not heard of those before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many to choose from but these are good.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the review. I'd looked at them and wondered if they were worth the money. Good to know they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're brilliant. I use them all the time, washing and reusing them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound very interesting. Thanks for your review.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been using and blogging about these for years, they are really good aren't they.

    I tend to put a piece of kitchen paper in the bottom of any bag that has a chance of getting moist and changing that every now and then extends the life of the fruit or veg even more. I have the medium and small sizes in, but once accidentally ordered the large ... they are HUGE!! I think I've been using some of mine for a couple of years and they are still effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I might have read about it on your blog!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.