Friday 3 November 2023

Bummer!

 First time failure on clearing out my ears via suction.  The woman seemed quite reluctant to try as I have thin ear canals which were very bunged up. Finally persuaded her to have a go and after a few attempts she cleared the right one. The left one was even fuller and she only got a bit out before it started to hurt!

The guy I normally get usually has no problems and I had used ear drops for two weeks in that ear as I knew it was bad.

Nope, she decided to refer me to Adam (whoever he is) as he is more qualified. Unfortunately, having been deaf in that ear for a few weeks, I wasn’t too happy to wait another 10 days but hey ho!

Roll on mid month when hopefully Adam will prevail.

It is something I have to have done on a very regular basis due to reduced ear canal size, overproduction of wax and dry skin:( It’s just annoying that most doctors surgeries have stop doing it so we now have to pay!

8 comments:

  1. I hope you can hear properly soon, without discomfort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too. The pressure is very uncomfortable.

      Delete
  2. I can't stand being deaf! It makes me feel claustrophobic. I used to get blocked ears regularly, along with otitis externa caused by swimming with the kids when they were little in the local baths. Now I don't swim regularly it's cleared up, but I had one or two panic attacks caused by deafness. I hope you get sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is certainly annoying to say the least. Not just lack of hearing fullness and discomfort, but strange noises as I can hear it rubbing up against my ear drum.

      Delete
  3. Sounds horrible - scuse the pun. Very thankful it's something I've never had a problem with . Hope Adam sorts it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harvey has that same problem, but he is lucky enough that we have a doctor who still does the cleaning. He also uses drops before visiting for his cleaning.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did but it made no difference to the left ear. Still using them now even though it is a week today before it will be cleaned, hopefully!

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.