Friday 10 May 2024

Thinking of cancelling

 Amazon Prime. We have been members for a few years and used it to get ‘free postage’ on our orders. It was also handy to watch tennis on. However, they have lost that to Sky Sport and we aren’t willing to pay their extravagant prices for a sports channel when we only want to watch one sport!

Like other streamers, they are also going to increase advertising, which if you are willing to fork out yet more cash for ad free, which we aren’t, will signal the end for us I am afraid.

We shall see how it goes. The ads aren’t too intrusive yet, usually a 30 second bit at the beginning. Hey ho!



5 comments:

  1. I shall have to check where/if the French Open is on TV this year - must be soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am feeling the same too, I'm giving the ads a trial period, but if they get too intrusive I will be cancelling my membership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Sky sports through our Now account, and I'm currently paying £19.99 per month. We watch a lot of sport so it's worth it for us, but definitely not if you're only interested in tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I know but you still have to have buy a Sky Sports package, which is too expensive just to use the tennis element of it.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.