Sunday 10 December 2023

Just a few decorations

When we spend Christmas on our own, I really struggle to be bothered. It used to be my most favourite time of the year, far surpassing birthdays, not anymore.

For a few Christmas times, we have just used the middle and top of our tree. This year, just the top:

These went up simply because our two school buddies who we walk with, often come here for a cup of tea, after we have been out for our Christmas meal. Quite frankly, I didn’t want to bother doing even that.

They though share their time with their families who all live locally or travel to them. I try not to get too upset over tales of the fun times they will have, the games they will play or all the conversations they will have.

I know I am not alone feeling like this. Don’t get me wrong, we really enjoy each other’s company and can do what we want when we want. Christmas just isn’t what it used to be that’s for sure. 


6 comments:

  1. I am worried about the time that our sons do not want to come home for Christmas.... Things really will not be the same when that happens. This is one of the reasons I would like to move closer to them.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things change, don't they? It's not wrong to feel like that, I think, it just takes some adjusting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After many years trying to adjust, it’s not happening.

      Delete
  3. Sending much love. I so wish I lived closer so I could give you that big hug xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, will read all your comments and try and answer any questions you leave. Don't forget to come back and read my reply! All comments are moderated so if you try to link it to a commercial web site, it will not be published.